Stepping Stones is a St. James ministry, formed in 2012. Stepping Stones is dedicated to raising awareness, understanding, and the prevention of domestic violence by educating our community and supporting the victims and survivors of emotional, financial, physical and sexual abuse.
All members of the Stepping Stones ministry are expected to participate in domestic violence training in accordance with the guidelines set forth by the Archdiocese of Chicago. In addition, ministry members should engage in parish, archdiocesan and community domestic violence awareness and education events throughout the year.
Stepping Stones also participates in the Arlington Heights Ministerial Association, bringing over 40 local faith communities together in support of one another. The ministry also maintains a network for support services in the area that have a proven track record of providing reliable, compassionate and professional services.
Stepping Stones members meet throughout the year, planning parish and community events with particular focus during the month of October, which is Domestic Violence Awareness Month, and February, which is Dating Violence Awareness Month.
Catholic Church Resources:
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: (800) 799-SAFE
- LifeSpan: (847) 824-0382
- WINGS Domestic violence program: (847) 221-5680 (24 hour hotline)
- NW Suburban Alliance on DV: (847) 776-1491
- Rolling Meadows Courthouse 24-hour line: (800) 603-HELP
- Chicagoland Domestic Violence Helpline: (877) 863-6338
- SS_Between_Friends_article_101313 (1)
- SS_Life_Span_article_100613 (1)
- SS_National_Hotlines_bulletin_article_102713 (1)
The St. James Stepping Stones Ministry is dedicated to raising awareness, understanding, and the prevention of domestic violence, by educating our community and supporting the victims and survivors of emotional, financial, physical, and sexual abuse. Contact us at email@example.com.