Sheila Galloro & Becky Polley
WELCOME TO ST. JAMES SUNDAY SCHOOL
Sunday School Class Dates for 2018-2019
Sep 09 Catechist and Teen Training
Sep 23 First Sunday School Class
Oct 07 Sunday School Class
Oct 21 Sunday School Class
Nov 04 Sunday School Class
Nov 18 Sunday School Class
Dec 02 Sunday School Class
Dec 16 Sunday School Class
Jan 06 Sunday School Class
Jan 16 Sunday School Class
Feb 03 Sunday School Class
Feb 10 Sunday School Class
Feb 24 Sunday School Class
Mar 03 Sunday School Class
Mar 17 Sunday School Class
Mar 31 Sunday School Class
Apr 07 Sunday School Class
Parents promise, at their child’s baptism, to raise their child in the practice of the faith, to keep God’s commandments as Christ taught us by loving God and our neighbor. Sunday School helps parents fulfill their promise thorough our Religious Education program for our youngest parish members. This ministry is a fun, Christ-centered, hour-long program that takes place during the 10AM Mass twice a month. Each week an age appropriate Bible story is introduced and Catechists use books, crafts, and music to enhance the weekly lesson.
- Classes will be meeting twice a month from September-April.
- Students will arrive check-in before Mass (9:55 AM) and you will pick them up after Mass.
- Students will be grouped in mixed-age groups, allowing for siblings to be together and for more interaction as a Sunday School community.
- Group Leaders will travel with one group, all year which allows for consistency and relationship building.
- There are two rotation stations – Bible Story and Craft/Music.
- The Station Leaders will run the activities for each rotation
- Any child who will be three years old (before September 1st) – kindergarten may participate in this ministry.
- Cost: $50/child
Why is Sunday School only twice a month?
Having Sunday School only twice a month allows our catechists and students to attend mass with their families on the off weeks. Attending mass as a family unit is a large part of practicing our Catholic faith. Our youngest family members learn about the mass from their parents, grandparents/guardians, and/or siblings. This format also allows for family flexibility of which mass to attend on the off weeks of Sunday School. Our parish community loves seeing young families attending all of our masses.
Would you like to VOLUNTEER?
We are in need of many volunteers. We are looking for adults and teens to help with this ministry, please consider sharing your talents. Adults will need to be Virtus trained by September. More information will be sent out to our volunteers in June. Please contact Sheila Galloro if you are interested or for more information at: firstname.lastname@example.org