In a few days, thanks to your incredible generosity, work will begin to refurbish our bell tower and steeple. After nearly seventy years of service calling us to Mass, playing hymns, tolling for our departed loved ones, and telling us the time of day, it is time to do some structural repairs and cosmetic updating. The work is expected to take about three months to complete. Below is some information that you may find useful regarding the project:
- Scaffolding will be installed approximately the week of April 12, depending on village approval, and will be located on all four sides of the bell tower.
- Work will begin approximately the week of April 19, again depending on permit approval from the village.
- A small area in the parking lot between the church and the rectory will be fenced off and used as a staging area for equipment; eight parking spaces are included in this fenced area and will not be available for use.
- The northwest door to the church will have a protected tunnel in the scaffolding; that door will remain available for entry in to and exit from the church.
- During actual workdays, the Arlington Heights Road doors will not be available for entrance or exit.
- To keep us safe, the area outside these doors will be roped off and the doors inside the church will be cordoned off, as well.
- The Arlington Heights Road doors will be available on non-workdays and on weekends.
- Normal work hours will be 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM; no work is planned for weekends.
- There will typically be two or three crew members on-site as space is very tight in the work area.
- The crew members will enter/exit the bell tower using the scaffolding rather than entering/exiting through the church.
- Construction noise will cease during Masses, wakes, funerals, and any other liturgical event in the worship space.
Please do contact me if you have any questions or concerns during the project. My direct line is 224.345.7207 and my email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. I humbly ask for your prayers and patience as this project gets underway.